We filled up a Barrel (59 gallons) with Belgian Blonde and tons of FUNK! It’s an American Oak barrel originally used for Honey Wine by Minnestalgia, and then went onto Town Hall brewery for a Belgian Pale Ale (Thunderstorm). Mike Hoops of Town Hall called it, “one of their pretty American Barrels.” Here’s the recipe we used.
Follow along on this page as we post it’s progress from an empty barrel to becoming filled with ever increasing funkiness and acidic beer!
Vice President and Barrel Wrangler
- April 5, 2012
- April 7, 2012
- April 9, 2012
- April 28, 2012 (fill day)
- May 30, 2013 (13 mo. update at bottom of post)
- July 13, 2013 (Emptied)
- July 14, 2013 (Moved to new location and refilled with Belgian Blond)
- October 12, 2013 (First fill beer won 1st in Wild Ale special category)
- November 8th, 2014 (Emptied and refilled with Belgian Blond)
- August 13th, 2016 (Emptied and refilled with Belgian Blond)